I’m sure that many people don’t answer “yes” to this question. In particular, people who experience oral and dental health problems hesitate to say “yes”. Most of the time these problems are caused by our omission and mistakes. These mistakes that we do without knowing in our daily routine life can lead to dental cavities.
You can avoid dental caries by not making these mistakes listed in 10 items:
- Water is important not only for our general health, but also for our dental health. If you drink a glass of water after meals, it removes food residues. It also neutralizes the acidic environment of your mouth. After meals, you can also drink milk that is also very beneficial in terms of calcium.
- Smoking causes bad breath, dry mouth, yellowing of the teeth. Smoking is also the cause of some diseases such as oral cancer.
- The frequent coffee breaks and the habit of snacking activate the acid-secreting bacteria in the mouth. It causes bacteria to live on the surface of the teeth and eventually causes tooth decay. It is possible to reduce the damage by drinking tea and coffee without sugar and by choosing milk and milk products instead of these drinks.
- You can protect your teeth by eating fruits and vegetables. Vitamins help protect your gums. Eating hard fruits and vegetables by biting, such as apples, is especially useful for mechanical cleaning of the front teeth.
- We all know the importance of brushing teeth. However, it is important to maintain that brushing your teeth twice a day for two minutes, using your toothbrush when it is dry and changing your toothbrush every 3 months on average.
- Dental floss allows you to clean parts that the toothbrush cannot reach. After brushing your teeth, you will complete an important step of your oral care using dental floss.
- It is important to eat desserts after the main course instead of to eat them between meals.
- If you have the habit of chewing gum, you can choose sugar-free gums. Sugar-free gum accelerates the saliva flow and helps to clean the mouth.
- You should not break the nutty foods like walnuts and hazelnuts with your teeth. This causes the formation of bacteria by cracking the tooth enamel. Damage to the tooth enamel causes decay.
As you can see, it is not very difficult to maintain oral and dental health.You can change your habits and get good long-term results by taking care of your mouth.